Salam, Please Login to visit this forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Salam, Please Login to visit this forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Me Nadia here ....
Pakistan prevail in thrilling climax EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:44 am by love4life97

» Me Nadia here ....
Pakistan prevail in thrilling climax EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:43 am by love4life97

» *~*Blending Eye Shadow*~*
Pakistan prevail in thrilling climax EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:36 am by Humpakistani

» iam new here
Pakistan prevail in thrilling climax EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:28 am by Humpakistani

» UMEED-E-SEHAR
Pakistan prevail in thrilling climax EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 10:08 pm by love4life97

» (¯`·._...Increase the speed of your internet connection 450% without any software..._)
Pakistan prevail in thrilling climax EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:53 am by love4life97

»  Is it persuasive?
Pakistan prevail in thrilling climax EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:30 am by CharlesLewis

» India dominate Sri Lanka on way to final
Pakistan prevail in thrilling climax EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:28 pm by love4life97

» HaPPy BiRtHdAy SaMeEr :D
Pakistan prevail in thrilling climax EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:32 am by love4life97

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAREST ANNIE
Pakistan prevail in thrilling climax EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 4:10 am by love4life97

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posters
love4life97 (4231)
Pakistan prevail in thrilling climax I_vote_lcapPakistan prevail in thrilling climax I_voting_barPakistan prevail in thrilling climax I_vote_rcap 
Black Beauty (3122)
Pakistan prevail in thrilling climax I_vote_lcapPakistan prevail in thrilling climax I_voting_barPakistan prevail in thrilling climax I_vote_rcap 
shezada (1294)
red eyes (767)
chandni (724)
Admin (368)
Masakali (275)
janu (139)
a_shy_spy (44)
Decent Boy (8)

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of MASTI FORUM on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Pakistan prevail in thrilling climax

:: Sports :: Cricket

Go down

Pakistan prevail in thrilling climax Empty Pakistan prevail in thrilling climax

Pakistan and India livened up a contest that, at one stage, was in danger of ending in a washout. A combination of quality seam bowling from Fayyaz Butt and enterprising batting by Hammad Azam sealed a thrilling two-wicket win in the final over in front of a sparse yet boisterous crowd at the Bert Sutcliffe Oval, knocking the defending champions out of the Under-19 World Cup and setting up a semi-final clash with West Indies on Monday.
Pakistan prevail in thrilling climax 113334.2
Pakistan were favourites after they had bowled out India for 114 but the early shock in their chase, when they lost three wickets for 16, immediately sparked comparisons to the World Cup final between the teams in 2006. Pakistan had emerged victors then, defending a paltry 109, courtesy Anwar Ali, whose prodigious swing toppled an overconfident India. Sandeep Sharma looked good to return the favour this time with his movement, beating the top-order batsmen consistently before bowling opener Babar Azam with a big inswinger. The effect rubbed off on his bowling partners, Saurabh Netravalkar and Jaidev Unadkat, who accounted for Ahmed Shehzad and captain Aseem Ghumman by squaring them up.

On a big ground and a slow outfield, boundaries were elusive and Ahsan Ali and Rameez Aziz set about stabilising the creeping run-rate by way of piercing the field. There were intermittent hits to the fence, including a clean strike over long-on by Aziz. But the preoccupation with singles and twos led to a moment of indecision and resulted in Ahsan's run out, ending a 55-run stand. Aziz holed out the next over, swinging the game towards India but bringing the eventual match-winner Hammad to the crease.

India's surge at the close of their innings was a belated one while Pakistan's, despite the frequent loss of wickets, was helped by a couple of timely bursts from Hammad's partners. With 24 needed off 17, Mohammad Waqas smashed Ashok Menaria over midwicket for six and fell the next ball. With 16 needed off 12, Usman Qadir skied Unadkat for a couple and followed up with a boundary over extra cover to bring the equation to a run-a-ball, but fell the next delivery.

Amid the swinging fortunes, Hammad held firm. He hit Sharma for a six over midwicket and scooped Unadkat over short fine leg to leave Pakistan needing just four in the final over. There was a moment of trepidation when his partner Sarmad Bhatti fell to the second ball of the final over. The batsmen, however, had crossed and Hammad finished the chase by cutting Sharma through point to crush Indian hopes.

The Indian innings needed a repair job from Mandeep Singh, who stroked 40, to put up a score that almost proved adequate. But Fayyaz had justified Azeem Ghumman's decision to bowl by nipping out the Indian openers in the first over, and returned in the end to take two more.Pakistan prevail in thrilling climax 113335
love4life97
love4life97

http://nothingyet.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit