Salam, Please Login to visit this forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Salam, Please Login to visit this forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Me Nadia here ....
Mohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:44 am by love4life97

» Me Nadia here ....
Mohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:43 am by love4life97

» *~*Blending Eye Shadow*~*
Mohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:36 am by Humpakistani

» iam new here
Mohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:28 am by Humpakistani

» UMEED-E-SEHAR
Mohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 10:08 pm by love4life97

» (¯`·._...Increase the speed of your internet connection 450% without any software..._)
Mohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:53 am by love4life97

»  Is it persuasive?
Mohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:30 am by CharlesLewis

» India dominate Sri Lanka on way to final
Mohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:28 pm by love4life97

» HaPPy BiRtHdAy SaMeEr :D
Mohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:32 am by love4life97

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAREST ANNIE
Mohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 4:10 am by love4life97

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posters
love4life97 (4231)
Mohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket I_vote_lcapMohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket I_voting_barMohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket I_vote_rcap 
Black Beauty (3122)
Mohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket I_vote_lcapMohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket I_voting_barMohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket I_vote_rcap 
shezada (1294)
red eyes (767)
chandni (724)
Admin (368)
Masakali (275)
janu (139)
a_shy_spy (44)
Decent Boy (8)

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of MASTI FORUM on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Mohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket

:: Sports :: Cricket

Go down

Mohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket Empty Mohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket

Former Pakistan captain Mohammad Yousuf has announced his retirement from international cricket, following an indefinite ban imposed by the PCB in the aftermath of a winless tour of Australia. However, Yousuf appears to have kept a window open for return to the international arena, for he repeatedly said the decision to retire was "for now."

"This is my retirement. I have retired from international cricket," Yousuf told reporters in Karachi. "I received a letter from the PCB that my staying in the team is harmful for the team, so I announce my retirement from international cricket." However, when asked if the decision was final, Yousuf said: "For now, this is what I can see, that my playing for Pakistan is damaging. For now, this is it, for now this is my retirement.

"I thank the fans around the world, all the senior players and family members for supporting me throughout my 12-year career. I always played for my country and if my playing is harmful for the team then I don't want to play," he said.

Yousuf had, last week, said he was preparing to retire and that he would make a formal announcement today. He played 88 Tests, nine as captain and scored 7,431 runs at an average of 53.07, including 24 centuries. He also scored 9,624 runs in 282 one-day internationals.

Yousuf was among seven Pakistan players penalised, for various reasons, by the PCB. He and Younis Khan were handed indefinite bans, Shoaib Malik and Rana Naved-ul-Hasan were banned for a year while Shahid Afridi and the Akmal brothers were fined and placed on probation for six months.
Mohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket 114043.2
The recommendations for punishment were made by an inquiry committee set up by the board after Pakistan were beaten in each of their nine international matches on the tour of Australia. Seven of those losses - three in Tests and four in ODIs - came under the leadership of Yousuf.

In their findings, the board blamed Yousuf and Younis for spreading infighting and indiscipline within the side . He was subsequently not included in the central contracts list for this year.

"Everyone has their own thinking and the disciplinary committee has its own thinking and I haven't understood the reasons for it, or senior players, or the public," Yousuf said. Among the seven penalised players, Afridi has already lodged an appeal against the punishment while Malik and Naved are preparing to do so. Yousuf said he'd "speak to elders" over whether to follow suit. "Retirement I have given but as far as the appeal is concerned I will speak to my elders and if they allow me to, I will appeal," he said.

While he's ruled himself out of international cricket for the time being, Yousuf said he would continue playing first-class and league cricket.
love4life97
love4life97

http://nothingyet.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

:: Sports :: Cricket

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum